This killer can be in your home and you wouldn’t ever know it. You can’t see it, hear it, smell it, or taste it. This killer strikes fast and without warning. This killer can put you in a sleep you may never wake up from. This may sound like a horror movie but it is a very real danger. This “silent killer” is known as carbon monoxide.
Carbon monoxide is called the silent killer because it is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas which makes it hard for a person to detect until it is too late. It is produced by the incomplete combustion of solid, liquid, and gaseous fuels. If your appliances are fueled with gas, oil, kerosene, or wood they may produce carbon monoxide. Where the trouble comes in is when these appliances are not installed, maintained, and used properly which leads to the accumulation of carbon monoxide. No matter how well ventilated your home is there can still be places for carbon monoxide to accumulate.
Carbon monoxide is so powerful that it can effect you even in short durations with symptoms including headache, nausea, breathlessness, dizziness, collapse, and unconsciousness. Early carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms can even mimic many common ailments and may easily be confused with food poisoning, viral infections, flu or simple tiredness. Carbon monoxide also leaves your blood system quickly making it harder to detect.
Having a carbon monoxide detector is one of the most important things you can have in your home due to how difficult is it to detect CO. Crossfire understand the dangers of carbon monoxide and have developed the most technologically advanced carbon monoxide detector on the market. Not only is it the fasting responding CO alarm but it also uses the most advanced electro-chemical sensor available. Plus, this alarm also features supplemental heat detection to detect any increases in temperature that would signal a fire. Crossfire has thought of everything when it comes to protecting your home from carbon monoxide.
Keep yourself and your family safe from the silent killer.